Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Buffalo Girls won't you come out tonight...

So lately I have been putting together a little bucket list, if you will of all sorts.
These are fun little things that I (can soooo do) would like to complete while I am still young and "full of life" as they say.

1.Go swing dancing. It just seems like soo much fun! Whenever I hear music with saxophones (like the song "Buffalo Gals") it just makes me want to get up and move. I don't like the club dance moves which my peers enjoy (like grinding). I have never really slowed danced with anyone either but hopefully my senior prom next week will change that and it will be fun.
2. Be envolved in a historical reenactment, especially around the civil war and revolutionary war era. I LOVE history and especially the clothes they wore, and I just thought it would be fun for one day (or weekend) where I can dress up like they did back then and churn butter the old fashioned way.
3. Run a muck race. I don't know if you have heard about these, but they are a 5K race with obstacles! Like climbing ropes, jumping over logs, swimming, and RUNNING THROUGH MUD! Sounds like fun doesn't it? It is soooo up my alley and I wish I could do one right now.!
4. Do a polar bear plundge. yeah...this one I am not sooo hyper about but it seems like one of those things you just gotta do.
5. Hike the Appalachian Trail, I once wanted to be a "thru hiker." A person who spends 6 months on the trail hiking the entire thing! Day in and day out, and the trail runs from Georgia to Maine...but now I just want to hike a piece of it, and I have with my cousins. BUT I would like to spent 2 weeks out on the trail or at least an overnight hike.

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what is on it?
Have a wonderful end of spring and don't forget to go outside!

-Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment